Why type on that little keyboard, when you don't have to?
Speak4it is the original multimodal voice-driven local search app for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Just press the "Push to speak" button and say what you'd like to find. You can even point to a spot on the map and ask what's there.
Speak4it knows about most of the businesses in the United States. (Sorry, rest of the world!) And it knows where they are, and what they are near.
Here are some things you might try saying:
- "Coffee shops"
- Point to a spot on the map and say "Thai food around here"
- "Hotels near Disneyland"
- "Steakhouses in Lincoln, Nebraska."
- "Bicycle repair shops near the Golden Gate Bridge."
- "Korean barbecue near the Empire State Building"
When you find the places you're looking for, you can:
- view them on the map
- browse them in a list
- call with one tap or just say "call"
- tap an address to get directions there or just say "driving directions"
- visit the business website
- read business descriptions
- find them relative to where you are standing using the RADAR view (iPhones only!)